You might be one of those guys who are sick of Google AdWords monopoly out there. I am certainly one of them and it was very frustrating. I spent lots of money without getting any successful results. Moreover, I had to deal with those arrogant guys in the customer support section when ever I had any problem. Google AdWords has also blocked lots of advertisers in the past without giving them any kind of warning. Some of my friends spent loads of money on Google AdWords and they lost all of them because they were blocked. I didn’t get banned but it certainly made me insecure since I was making majority of my income from there.
Finally I decided to break away and spent hours on the Internet looking for alternatives. I spent a hefty sum of money on this and finally had some success. I learnt about Facebook Advertising Guide. I discovered that Facebook has opened up its ads platform and now it allows advertisers to display the ads on Facebook pages. You can pay with either CPM or CPC model. You might be interested to know that Facebook is miles ahead of Google, in terms of Internet traffic.
Next, I looked for a guru to learn to make money using Facebook. Basics were all clear but I had to dig more for the inside dope. I stumbled upon FBAdsGuide.com and saw that it offered an ebook with all the information. The cost of the ebook is $79. You might think it is a bit high but considering you can make millions through Facebook advertising, this amount is peanuts. I also met with Jonathan Volk, the guy who wrote the book, for more information. He gave me the book and also impressed me with his knowledge.
Jonathan Volk is earning thousands of dollars per day (yes, per day!) through affiliate sales and I wanted to make money just like him. I finished the book yesterday; it is really informative and so I decided to blog about it. There are people out there trying to advertise on Facebook but they don’t know how to do it. This book is written just for them. I am not an affiliate and so I won’t earn any money if you buy the book but still I am writing about it for people who want to make money through Facebook ads.
I spend a lot of time surfing on the Web and while I was going through the jungle out there, I came across a site called Crazydogtshirts.com. The name itself intrigued me and I dug inside to find out more about it. The home page itself is quite attractive and I was beaming at what those shirts had to say.
If you want to make heads turn while you are walking down the street, I say there is no other way, except for walking naked maybe. If you are someone who like to get famous by such things then you won’t get funnier T-shirts anywhere else. They have variety of shirts for your entire family. I got just one T-shirt from here initially and was impressed by the fact that it fit quite well.
The T-shirts are offered at a really affordable price. You can search by favorites, price or category. There is also a custom T-shirt option if you like something but want it in a different color. Also check out the mystery shirt option, I have already done it and it certainly won’t be fair to reveal the details here.
I am a limelight hogger and love wearing such stuff. I even got a few compliments from people and since then I have ordered lots from here. My personal favorite is a shirt that says ‘The jerk store called, they are running out of you’. I get lots of smiles from people passing by and I love it. They have a good collection of vintage T shirts too.
These tees would also make great gifts for your friends. There are loads of shirts to choose from and you can select the one which you think goes well with your friend’s personality. I would recommend you to take a look at funny T shirts first, they are indeed quite funny.
For people who are on a stiff budget and still want a taste of these garments, check out the $9 tees section. I was surprised to see a dog costumes section too. If you wearing these tees doesn’t attract stares, then your dog wearing these certainly will!
Finally, I must say my two bits about the Website. It is very well designed and even though there are lots of categories, you will enjoy browsing through them. I also liked the fact that the company put some of the funniest tees on the home page in order to quickly attract attention.
Why do we surf channels on TV? Simply because there’s nothing that holds our interest for long. And we can do this with books, radio channels, or websites.
This is the only reason when visitors come to your site, and leave quickly. As soon as they get bored with the design, images, or content, they move their mouse, and CLICK! That’s it! That’s the only time you had to capture your visitors. Are you sure your blog is interesting enough to grab attention of the visitors, and hold them for long?
Here are few things you can do to avoid your visitors from touching the web remote:
1. Right at the beginning, give them something that they fall in love with. For a while, think about those famous TV channels. What is it that keeps you engrossed into it? All the juicy images, colors, and the content? Or simply a boring old guy reading news? If people want fun stuff, give them what they want.
2. Don’t display junk on your website. Make sure every article you post is proofread and has information in precise manner. Although the type of language you adopt to address your readers depend on what niche you are catering to, make sure you don’t sound too boring.
3. Information is the most important thing you can give to your visitors. Write about any topic only if you know more than an average person knows about it. Research more about the topic and give them the most useful piece of article they have ever read. Make every article your best one. You also need to make sure that you make the information available easily (by using bullets, highlighting, bold fonts, and so on) to your readers.
4. Readers would certainly be attracted if each of your blog post has attractive images, magnetic headlines, simple design, and useful content. Your blog should look very similar to the popular TV channel you always prefer.
5. Make your posts interesting. By interesting I mean adding some humor, punch lines, and twists. If a channel is broadcasting last episode of ‘Lost’, and if another channel is playing a dull, boring program, which is not even funny, which one do you think will be preferred by most viewers?
6. Be logical, keep you content in flow. You don’t want to be accused of misleading or letting your visitors wander. If you articles are not logical, or doesn’t make sense at all, there are thousand others that does. Don’t be surprised if you lose visitors faster than you gained. Hence, before you post any article, go though it more than once and keep editing until you believe it’s perfect.
7. Be Creative. Offer something that isn’t offered by others on the web. This certainly is a difficult task. But once you get this ‘X’ factor in your blog, simply watch subscribers flowing in.
8. Before you put up ads in your blog, think twice about it. It may or may not repel your visitors. Some prefer putting it up after a good number of visitors have subscribed, some put it before their they post even 10 articles. However, this will certainly affect your readership in some way.
9. Ad is certainly a good way to generate revenue through your blog. Hence, sooner or later, you will place some ads. But make sure you don’t clutter your site up. People don’t like TV channels that are too flashy, or they don’t keep watching teleshopping channels for long.
10. If you home page is good enough to attract visitors, make sure they don’t switch to other blogs due to lack of navigability. Have a simply blog with links to different pages of your blog o the home page. Have tabs ‘Most Commented’, ‘Popular Posts’, ‘Recent Posts’ and so on. Also, have few links in every blog posts, and at the end of you posts.
It will certainly take time for visitors to crowd your blog, even if you have the best site on the web. However, you need to keep improving it, and have patience. Gradually, you will emerge as a leader. A leader that doesn’t allow his followers to touch the remote.
Irrespective of the niche you write for, respecting and being kind to your readers is one of the most effective things that can get you the top of the chart. This is simply because people would love coming back to your blog, if they are treated properly. Here are some tips that can help you become kinder to your readers.
Shorten the Introduction
Starting a blog post with long introduction usually repels people from your blog. They visit your blog to search for specific information. If you give them junk, they would take it once, but would never return back to your blog. Put an introduction only if it’s necessary. Besides, make sure the introduction is not too long.
Focus on Quality not Quantity
Updating your blog regularly is necessary. However, do not let this idea take over your mind, and start controlling your blog. If research takes time, and you are not able to post an article daily, it’s completely fine. Make sure you focus on quality and not on quantity. People dont read your post because you have updated another article. They are interested in what you write, not how much you write.
Even if you are able to write only one good post every week, don’t fret. It’s okay. You can become a successful blogger only if you write quality content, and not how fast you write.
Write Entertaining Articles
I had mentioned this many times in my earlier posts, and I would like to repeat it again. Most people read articles online because they need some information and entertainment. If you write dull posts, they would instantly move to another blogs that provides both. Your readers must love your articles.
Alright, here is an exercise you must do before posting any article on your blog. Write an article, read it from the start, and put as mush entertainment as possible. Sooner or later, when people find out about your posts, and writing style, they would instantly subscribe to your blog.
Do not make it tough for your readers to understand your post. Make sure you use simple language without adding any jargons or complicated words. To keep a blog simple, you must:
- Use short sentences
- Not use something (phrase or word) that only few knows
- Not assume things
- Not underestimate your readers
The main purpose of writing a post is providing information. If you are able to give it properly and clearly, most readers would love your blog.
People are too busy to go through your ‘essay’ articles even if it has the best piece of information. Alright, there are some topics which cannot be completed within 300 words. But try to keep it short. Instead of writing huge paragraphs, insert bullet points to make it short and precise. Also, highlight the points that you feel are very important. This will help readers to get the message by simply glancing through your blog.
This is probably one of the best ways to be kind to your readers. If you are a regular blogger, your writing should get better every month. By this I don’t only mean language or vocabulary. You must learn to be creative, and entertaining. And you can do this by reading, writing, and thinking more often.
Talk to Your Readers
If you get comments on your blogs, make sure you reply them. If there are queries, answer them. If it’s an important point, write an article in your blog for the reader. Do whatever you can to make them feel special. Personal attention is what most readers seek. If you agree to give them, you will get more than your expectation.
There are probably several other ways to be kind to your readers, and you can explore more of them by remembering: Showing kindness to your blog, means being kind to your readers. All they expect is a decent blog, with relevant information.