Earning money is really not a very big deal these days, especially when the generation X of today have blogging by their side. Its been years I have been blogging on and on and today I have huge fan following, the reason being that I have stayed by my aim to serve my audience the right knowledge with purpose. Many of the websites today launched with much fan fare but they don’t go to the extent making it big in the industry, this generally happens when people don’t apply the perfect knowledge they have, blogging requires skills, skills to write, skills to run the website, SEO skills, networking skills, marketing skills and the list goes endless. Some people have their blogging sites pertaining to particular niches, they have created this niche for themselves because they are expert in it and can answer any questions raised by their readers.
When we know a particular website caters to something specific it is but natural people are going to turn to that website for information. Similarly, today there is huge craze for earning money through blogging we know for sure and there are also many sites teaching people how to go about it and now this particular niche of teaching their readers to make money makes the site famous because it has something which every one wants, EARNING $$$. The website teaching to make money has huge number of readers followed by other useful information posted on the site and so the site goes on making profits, though some people might not want to share this information, “how to earn”. For them I simply want to tell, if you don’t somebody else will tell them and it’s a misconception that if you share such secret your site will stop making any profits, for now you should be only thinking of ways to make your site popular amongst your readers and third party audiences.
There are lots of things where people can, would or has gone wrong in attempts to make money on teaching people “how to make money”, some of them are listed below:
- Some people come out of nowhere, launch their sites for teaching people to make money when they themselves have not earned a single $. This is the case with so many people, every one wants to copy someone who is making good money and without thinking or pre planning they go and then fail.
- Although we want to make money through blogging, don’t start your blogging business with the soul aim of
earning money through it. Have passion for interacting with people and providing them with useful information.
- The big mistake you do in your blogs network is to keep posting ads for affiliate products for making profits, if your site looks very clumsy full of ads no one would like reading your actual blogs and as a result you will have zero number of visitors.
Drawbacks are drawbacks, you can do nothing about what happened in the past but you can surely change your future by taking proper steps and measures of not repeating your mistakes by working on your weaknesses, lets discuss some of the ideas on unique market positioning to attract maximum audience to your blog in my next, PART II of the same blog.
The world is a vast resource filled with different individuals like us who belong to one fraternity and that is doing business, any thing that changes hands with money is business, whether you are working for someone or having your own enterprise, its Business after all in the end. In the olden times, there was not much need of internet marketing and people were living with varied means like barter exchange, doing small time businesses, selling across the streets, etc. today whether you are holding a good share in any industry or you are a small time business person, you have to be ahead of the race if you want to survive and that comes through effective internet marketing goals.
In life many people strive to achieve their goals but why only a few succeed, the answer behind this might still be mysterious but one thing I am sure of this that successful set targets and they work hard to achieve their set goals. If you don’t have any targets, what are you going to strive for? And what is going to make you awaken whole nights and days? Its targets that gets you going all the while, while other are still sleeping! There have been lots of discourses, lectures, and books available on marketing relating to setting of goals as an organization, etc. but one thing that people fail to understand is to execute them in a correct way.
It doesn’t matter if you are doing marketing on a smaller scale, but make a point to do it with targets, marketing is an art, and you just can’t simply go to the market and start selling products. I have seen people moving out on streets handling pamphlets for events, many people take them but I wonder whether even 60% do take any interest in those papers now this is a good example of doing marketing without targets! If you don’t have any targets what’s the use of spending money on even pamphlets. In marketing, everything should be planned well in advance, counting on competitors, people’s choices and market situation.
In my experiences with professionals in the marketing field, I have realized one thing that targeted internet marketing helps to boost good number of sales even when it reaches far lesser people than mass marketing tactics. The targeted marketing has shown higher conversion rate and a good return on investments. When you know a particular class of people is interested in your products, you can start with your marketing campaigns in such areas where it would be fruitful. Marketing campaigns have to be planned keeping in mind the targeted area, you should think of the ways you can reach your targeted audience through statistical data as well as through your research done.
Small Business Marketing Followed By 2 E’s – Educate & Entertain!
We know that people like to get entertained and especially when it’s with regard to their product likings, today, the world has shrunk to the extent that we often keep on meeting the same people or come across similar type of products or ads in markets across the globe. What do we do to come out of the competition? Or make your products sell in the markets? The best is to follow the strict small business marketing rules of Educating your people and at the same time Entertaining them, people like to hear or see what is pleasing to their ears or rather something that would increase their knowledge about something, today creativity has grown to superb levels of innovation, the ads that I come across sometimes are just fabulous that I don’t have any words to describe them. They use such marketing concepts that people get glued to their TV sets, until the commercial gets over, whether you are doing telephonic marketing, distributing pamphlets or television marketing, it has lots to do with the way you present it and the concept behind what is shown.
Entertaining someone is not much a big deal, when it’s with regard to some product, you have to come up with innovative ways that will ensure that it goes right inside the people’s brain, so next time they are out purchasing they will remember your pleasant entertaining advertisement in the television they show last night. The concept of Educating people through marketing campaigns is new and still catching up with multinationals across the globe and are I am very sure it is going to be an instant hit with people. Today, people are hungry for knowledge; the more they get, the more hunger they become, the cycle is endless so you have to keep on making new food items on daily basis.
You can run a research check in community circles about the people’s likes and dislikes and then later you can decide on what characters you want in your advertisements. Is it the cartoons they like showcasing the products, or role models, or ramp models? It’s up to people who will decide the success of your ad campaigns. If you think, creating an entertaining ad is difficult think again, if you have resource, talent and right knowledge, go ahead, you are going to be successful; there are no 2 sides to this. While you create entertaining ads take note that the entertaining factor doesn’t overpower the actual promotion of the product you want to market, it’s not the amount of money you invest in making ads, it’s the concept that people should instantly catch up with.
Go through newspapers, magazines, international papers, etc. to get a brief idea about what’s hot in the field of advertising, apply it to your campaigns but make it unique and clear. The listener should instantly know of the product you are talking about. You can put in your queries or suggestions for me or my readers, I need you to speak on my blog.
A marketing technique used by search engines to help advertisers is known as Pay Per Click (PPC). These advertisers choose specific keywords or keyword phrases that are very important to their website. The “search engine results” page is called “sponsored links” for which advertisers place a bid for a specific position in the area for a better chance for their website to be visited.
Simple to set up, but requiring constant maintenance, running an effective PPC can prove to be challenging. When an account is set up it is called a PPC campaign. If not maintained properly, the advertiser can be bankrupted as quickly as overnight. So, to effectively help with getting started in a PPC campaign here are some of the best strategies.
- Keyword Research: Researching your keywords and keyword phrases to find out how many are related to your service or product is a great place to start. Don’t forget a group of secondary keywords as well. They may help bring up your rate for sales.
- Need of a Great Landing Page: This will be the first page your visitors will see when they click on your advertisement. It needs to be attractive and easy to maneuver. This is not your home page, it cannot be, but it will lead them to your home page. Your home page represents you and who you are. The landing page focuses on the product or service the visitor is interested in purchasing.
- Advertising Specifically: Your creative ad should be specific about your product or service. Your pricing list should be visible too. This will make finalizing the sale easier if the visitor clicks on it from your advertisement. However, you can lose the space if you deviate from this information.
- Know Your Conversion Ratio: When your advertisement is clicked on, it will count how many clicks were simple visits and which ones were sales or returns. This information will help you to manage your PPC campaign most effectively.
- Wise and Prudent Bidding: When bidding on your advertising position, take into consideration the amount of clicks (visits) to the amount of returns (sales). Make changes to your bids for a few weeks. This is helpful when deciding which placement is best for you and your budget. The right spot should have little problems in helping you to stick to your monthly budget. Remember, the top may not always be the best place to be.
- Keep Your Logo Yours: Be sure to check to make sure your affiliates don’t use your logo or brand name in their advertising copy. It will affect your own branding and advertising copy.
- Competition Strategy: Watch and study competitors’ websites. You may need to make changes to draw attention to your ad. For instance, make offers or discounts in exchange for visits to your advertising site (PPC).
- Remember to Monitor: You must constantly monitor your personal PPC campaign. The challenge is that the competition will eat you alive if you slack off. You may have to adjust your bid frequently in order to get the most return (sales) on your investment.
- Keep It Up: Make sure you adjust your bids and advertising copy occasionally to frequently. Get rid of those ads that are not proving to be a good return. It’s an ongoing process. You must treat it as such.
- Realism: You must be realistic in your expectation of the whole picture. Overnight millionaire isn’t going to happen here. You will not be able to get leads if your website doesn’t do your company justice. What if your prices don’t meet the requirements of the customer? Make changes to get the sales you desire.
An effective PPC campaign can generate a great deal of additional income for your company when done properly and consistently. Remembering it does take time, effort, and research in order for you to get the most out of your PPC advertising. Just follow the above examples for your set up and management of your PPC and you should do well.