Time and again I have always been telling people that academics have more importance than any sports, some might well argue, why is that so? When a person is good in sports, why not excel in that field? I understand what they are trying to say, but as per my view point academics stand a far more importance than other extra curricular activities, it often happens that a student is very good in studies but because of crowd pulling he might loose interest and get more attracted towards extra curricular which he is not at all good at. The great scholars of our times had always stressed importance of education over other worldly enjoyment like sports unless he is going to make sports as his career, even when choosing sports as a career is a good option, I had suggest, Graduation is a must for any individual.
The student entrepreneurs of today simply don’t understand the concept behind education system, they pay more attention to extra curricular activities then academics, the great academicians were never wrong in their belief of education. Although the times are changing, I understand we need to change as per the times, the students who have started earning at young age or are doing business as bloggers they fail to understand that as much as they pay more importance to academics, it will give them good results in future. I remember my high school and college days where I was solely dedicated to books, may it be arts, literature, science or geography, people during those times took keen interest in studying, but who bothers now especially when there are so much options open to them?
Hey, let me tell it doesn’t matter whether you are a student or no, those of you who are trying to take U-turn from here, please stay here, for this is the post that is applicable to students and also a common laymen. You will get good information and tips that will help you balance your work life/students life and blogging life, its not difficult to change from your present routine if you really want to, remember that old saying “Nobody can change your mindset about something, unless you really want to”, the mind game, remember it?
- If you are really a go getter and want to excel in whatever field you are in, make key arrangements to manage your time and plan ahead for achieving your goals. People take blogging as full time career or some simply may take to earn that extra buck or some just love the idea of blogs, it is good for people who like to interact and spread their knowledge base to others.
- Manage your time along with other chores of your life, do not procrastinate, as that will lead you to no where, I have often seen in my life the people who procrastinate – they do not have any life goals, they are behind from the crowd and have no sense of responsibility, once you stop procrastinating, you will automatically take charge of the things.
- You know what differentiates winners from losers, “Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently”, the only thing that will make difference is by doing smart work, think over the ways you will be able to dedicate your time to both the fields.
- You can maintain separate calendars for work/student life and blogging life, work calendar would contain all the details of your assignments and blogging calendar will have the days you want to solely dedicate to blogging, you can write various topics you want to write on, etc.
- It’s difficult to get rid of your daily schedules, but you have to stick by the new schedule you had made in your work and blogging life. If you are a hard worker and have sole dedication to your work than no one can stop you. When you are disciplined, you will see you have more recreation time for you than you initially thought of. Take control of your time by not wasting your time and get things done before deadline.
- Manage your time efficiently is the key to gain success in life, managing is okay, but using it efficiently is still bigger a question, make the maximum of the time available to you by dedicating your work time to work and recreation time to free time.
- You can prepare a To-Do list which will help you long way in arranging your time schedule, you can dedicate each hour of your day to specific activity may be reading newspapers, writing for blogs, doing office project, time with kids, shopping, walking, etc.
- Develop a routine that is ever lasting, get rid of your old habits and start afresh as if you are changing your life style and take control of things now rather they controlling you later.
- Set your priorities, once when you are done with both of your calendars, match them to set your timings to particular activity in a day, it sometimes so happens something comes up urgently and you have to drop your usual plans, in such cases you have to give time to what is most urgent.
I hope by now, I have made myself clear of how to balance work life with blogging life. A work life is a work life and blogging life is a blogging life, understand this difference and you will automatically take charge of things, its about how much really you want to achieve in the world of blogging. Your work life is going to be forever but if you are looking for something different and want to have fun interacting, then blogging is surely the way. I have seen people make 30 hours of 24 hours in a day, now you had wonder how? The answer is by, using your time effectively and efficiently, prioritize your daily routine tasks and do them as needed, if some office urgency is there, leave your blogging life aside for some time that will only make you stronger and active in both the fields.