All businesses revolve round just one common thing, one common aim that is to SELL – NO MATTER WHAT? If you are new to the business you might be just simply excited about the idea of setting up your own business unit but as time moves on you will understand the deeper perspective of what it takes to run a full fledged successful business unit. Big companies spend billions of dollars every year to advertise and market their products, are they crazy? Of course not, for the amount of profits they would be making from products sale would be much more than they actually spend in advertisements. We browse internet for any small thing we get confused about, if you want to buy groceries you order online, you want to play games – there are free games available, and so many different things you can do like networking, blogging, people find information on internet relating to studies, projects, research, etc. we log on because its free, there is not much amount of money we spend to get an internet connection.
Selling is part and parcel of any business and I often wonder how people market their products through online networking and blogging. Blogging is getting popular these days because it has become one platform for anyone to speak whether its good or bad, companies blog about their products while customers blog about their experiences, it helps to bond with each other and companies can understand their client needs more properly. It’s all in a talent of written words that people pull out their credit cards and buy products online. Today we are going to learn a few tips that will help you market your products on Internet more deliberately, use your spoken words as sword which will break the barrier and people will start buying your products.
The first and foremost things about blogging, is that you need to fully know about the product features, its uses and how better it is than rest of the products in markets. Don’t try to sell what you really don’t know about – I often keep giving this advice to young entrepreneurs, they want all the success in one day by putting forward everything they see but this doesn’t work if you want a real success in longer run. Sell only the things you know about and are confident about. Get your people interested in your products through sheer product selling and also if you rake up an agreement with similar type of company you can well get their customer’s list which will be beneficial to you. You know your customers and can target them.
Make a team of affiliates which will work for you, through this you can save loads of your valuable time and putting it in good use to do more product and market research. Don’t be very finicky about asking your customers the credit card numbers the very first time, let them browse the whole website, talk to your representatives, do proper product analyses and then decide on buying. The number of times the customer logs in your site will well let you know whether he is going to go for your product or no, so there are 99% chances, you can win their hearts by talking to them or giving them free offers.
Your website profile’s content and the way you write your product’s information is very important as this is the only one chance you can tell your buyers about the product and make their decisions firm in to buying your product. Your written words, are all it takes to take a yes or a no from your potential customers so make sure to know properly what you are writing. You don’t need to beg them in your writing but use words that will encourage them to use and buy your product, you can create the bond with the customer by talking a little about personal stuff that may ensure them to believe what you are saying and there are more chances that they might go for your product.
Internet has become a platform, where you can get free information for everything and anything you wish to get on planet earth. When you provide free information over your network to your readers and pay attention to their comments or suggestions they give, it will create a lasting bond. Writing kind words to let them know they are important also has its share in making them buy your product. In no way you should be forcing them to buy the product out of compulsion only because you want to complete your sales targets.
Letting your customers buy your products doesn’t come instantly, it’s a gradual process, let your customers become your loyal readers first and take them in to confidence and let them know about your important company policies, give them the best of products you can with good amount of services.
Did you have had just another day not making any good productivity out of your blog? If yes, then you surely need some renovation thing going on in your working process. There are a number of factors that are responsible to make your blogs successful, although only few of them are really successful you need to be really aware about what you want to achieve from your blogging business. We all know that blogging success doesn’t come instantly, it takes time and due patience from your end and when you least expect it, the success would be knocking at your doorsteps. There are number of successful business units especially blogging business which are making thousands of dollars per month but sometimes there are some factors due to which the productivity is lower than expected and as a result the company incurs huge losses.
Recently, we have seen so many businesses falling apart due to worldwide recession happening across the continents and as a result there was a money-crunch situation in the economies all over, in such situations where the whole economy is facing the turmoil, your business too is surely going to get affected. If ever you see a little decrease in the profits earned, you can take urgent steps to do something about it, which will surely let you get prepared for further shortcomings. Successful business means growth, if there is no growth then something is failing, you can actively start marketing your business all over, create a brand image for your business, work up your business to earn money, and networking is surely going to give you wide audience.
There are number of factors which may distract you from achieving your goals, they come in one whole package or different packages, it so happens when you are unclear about which path to go, if you are unmotivated, if you experience lack of passion, if you unhappy about your working environment and many other factors, the major factor being that, if you yourself may not be knowing anything self management and time management. Managing your time is of great importance if you want to be productive. Live in a real world, and don’t take things for granted thinking time will mend everything, nothing or nobody is going to come and do the work, which you are supposed to do. Now that doesn’t mean you should be sticking to your mail box 24×7, but focusing is the main key to achieve success.
If you set some benchmark for yourself and your employees and also the whole company, it is a good way of being productive. Preparing TO-DO list is of great advantage, as it will help you organize your work carefully without making any mistakes. Set your inner goals and work towards improving better on each working day and also work upon your pitfalls, the points, which you feel, are your weaknesses. At first it may sound a little difficult for the people who never had any hardships but slowly everything will subside and fall at its place. Take charge of your own destiny now before anyone does and set a path to success, as it is rightly said, “Procrastination is the thief of time”, stop mingling around and set a success story to achieve your life goals. Become productive today by following some simple rules like:
- Work on short productive bursts, this consists of a concentration span it can continue till 45 minutes.
- Take breaks after each productivity bursts, the break should not be longer than 15-20 minutes to refresh your mind.
- Avoid drinking too much coffee and drink lots of water
- Office environment should be well lit, you need not strain your eyes to work on your computers.
- Do complicated tasks at the start of the day.
- Work in a non-distractive environment.
- Bring out your own working system that is helpful.
Following some simple specific rules in your work culture is of great advantage that will allow you to work with concentration and diligence. Allow your self to work in a more challenging environment that will make you stronger each day.
Businesses are developed with some planning in mind, when you see big businesses around you, not all probably started as you did it, some might have stumbled along the way, some might have got ready built empire and yet some might have worked really hard to achieve their targets or make money. In business, everything works on trust worthiness, if you are worth of any rewards you are going to get them in no time than expected. There were hell lots of mistakes I made in my first few business assignments; but those have not stopped me from being where I stand today. You can well imagine how it feels when starting your own business unit. I was a little nervous and little excited, it’s a mix of enthusiasm and willingness that you are going to put in your business. Today I am going to share few things that you, as a young entrepreneur should keep in mind before heading out on a road to success:
- The first and foremost I had like to advice you is to pick a real intelligent name for your company, I have seen many an instances where I started with my business that didn’t really work because of the faulty, stupid names I had put as. Your company’s name should necessarily conjoin the business you are doing, forgetting what looks well or bad. Your company name should match with the service that you are providing but at the same time remember not to keep some lengthy names which people wouldn’t be able to remember.
- Some of my close pals, I have noticed they mostly went for an “A”, to start the business with, the reason being that they would be listed first in whatever the listings, it is a good practice from business’s point of view but make sure they carry weight and people would know what exactly you are into. Sometimes, people do make mistakes in keeping stupid names and they carry on with the same identity for years, later they make this big mistake of changing their company names after years of being realized as the earlier stupid name, it is best to make something good out of bad, already people know you as some company so rather live with it than going through all the process of building a new brand value in market.
- Don’t forget to hire a good law firm for doing all business legal proceedings, even if you get a good well known law firm there are chances you might as well find some best lawyers who will do your work relating to corporate tax, litigation, income tax returns, etc. remember, lawyers work for you and not the company they are working for, so its best to tie up with some well known company who will give you the best lawyers as per your requirements.
- There were times, when I had faced bad situation because of these stupid lawyers, the proceedings were delayed in some cases, some were too lazy doing the tasks at quicker pace, etc. I wanted someone who is active and treat my business as his own so the best advice I got from someone, my guru, is to look out for good law firm. The law firms have to carry their reputation, so in no doubt they are going to give you the best they have.
- This is one of the advices I keep giving to everyone I come across, to hire some big company even if that costs you a little more but go for professionalism and ethic based lawyers.
- In new enterprises, you don’t necessarily be having a huge staff to represent your company. It is only the work that you do is going to count and so you make money accordingly, there were some idiotic mistakes I did while hiring people for some of my first few companies, the companies that didn’t really made to A lists and I feel, it is the workers who make a company and not the company who makes them, so get the best professional people working for you. Some faults I made were:
- Don’t hire a person in your company, just because he was a super master in his earlier job or earned varied certificates in previous job. He might be an expert in the earlier job but not the current job so think over his qualifications, his capabilities and what things he can do for company as a person.
- Some people feel, hiring more employees will solve their problems, it is not the case, in fact, you can save lots of money by cutting down on the salaries of employees by doing some work on your own. Go and sell it yourself, this way you will get the real experience of the market and get to know people personally.
- Other than employee salaries, there are lots of other expenses incurred to run a company, these costing includes, computer maintenance, electricity bills, employee insurance, office space, etc. so manage your finances well.
- You might feel great about someone working for you from seven seas, but it is not really a good idea as there are chances of misleading and you don’t really know the efficiency of the person or if he/she has done the work, in such cases, you can make use of varied software to keep track about the work time and break time.
- If you are in yesteryears, following old sayings, mind you, you are not going to be always successful, old habits help but not always, stick by the motto, “be faster and getting things done”. I remember the times when I started out with my first few set of companies, it was all a total mess all because of my fault. As your very first venture, you will nurture your new baby business with all the finest possible inputs you can, if you had been feeling the same all this while, don’t worry as these are the symptoms of anxiety every new entrepreneur will face. Instead of taking logical steps which are good for business, you kind of move towards emotional needs of the company so I advice you to take quick steps in whatever decisions you need to take, if you don’t change it now you will be forced to change or take steps in future.
- If you are a go getter then you cannot forget to put all the inputs, what it takes to build a successful business network by successful networking you can conquer all odds in life whether you are new or old to business, whether you are making money or loss in business, whether you are located in the same continent or farthest of locations. When you have perfect networking connections, you are at it and you have already won the half, the match.
- Success follows Network, if you network well in business terms, you are bound to get good business proposals, and no one likes to do business with someone who is not aligned in the group of networks. So be there always at a position where people will pick you, make sure to attend all the industrial networking events next time.
- In business circles, I have often noticed how people treat someone who has given them huge businesses as someone who is GOD like, I really cannot digest this fact that how can someone treat someone as God when everything has been achieved due to his own hard work and determination. When I started with my business, I used to take advice from the people who were already successful in particular field, but sooner I noticed, those advices were not quite working for my business and instead of making profits I made huge loses, this was the time I realized that if I want to run my business I will have to think on my own and proceed by taking major decisions on my own. What I am trying to portray here is, that take advices from people but look over pros and cons before accepting those advices in your business.
- No matter how much ever successful you may be in your business, you should always be ready to take new inputs from your followers. You might never know when you get some of the best fabulous ideas to run your business, it may come in any form through suggestions, from partners, from business colleagues, etc. when you are running a partnership business, having a partner is a bliss as your partner would always be there to stop you when something might seem un-adjustable.
- No one is perfect, unless you make a mistake you are not going to learn something new so making mistakes are good to the extent that you don’t keep repeating them. If at all you happen to make mistakes, your partner will help you sort out things through different perceptions. Over and above, having a business partner helps you to come out of adversity. You never know in what form the help may come through, your partner may be an expert in the field you are finding difficult so its best to take advice from them.
- If you are new to business, don’t fear if something doesn’t work as per your planning. New entrepreneurs often fall under this dilemma of facing the failure, unless you try on something, you will never know of being successful in any particular business endeavors. I have had few instances in my life where I was really fearful of taking on some new business challenge, but after a while I got used to overcoming it and being successful. If you are not sure of taking up something, don’t fear, take it up and blow it away, the worst that can happen is your failure, that failure is not going to eat you up but rather make you steady along the way.
At the end, I would just advice you, young, hot blooded entrepreneurs to accept challenges as they come and not to make any silly mistakes that will ruin your business venture. Learn from your mistakes, don’t repeat them and do each of your business assignments as excitedly you had done the very first one and please avoid the mistakes I made.
Increasing the conversion rate can be a huge advantage when you would like to increase the ROI of your business website. This is true regardless if the event of the conversion is based from a prospective lead, or if it was simply because of a purchase that was made online.
Below you will find some very effective methods of increasing the conversion rate on your online business website.
- Include graphics that are high resolution
- Clarify the differentiation
- Copy that is written should be compelling and persuasive
- Add both audio and video to appeal to numerous styles
- Offer benefits
- Perform comparisons, case studies, and research data to show the ROI of the services and products that you offer
- Add a policy of satisfaction guaranteed
- Let your clients know how they will benefits from your specific products or services that you offer
- Add a few of your customers testimonials
- Try adding a few testimonials from experts in the industry
- Include Calls to Action that are specific
- Provide items that are related to enhance your specific offers
- Segment traffic, then create funnels of conversions for each of the segments
- Always remove fields that are unnecessary from forms
- Add credibility, such as naming the Better Business Bureau, industry associations, or VeriSign
- Provide a variety of different payment options
- Provide detailed help with contextual answers
- Include Privacy Policies and guarantee customers lists will never be sold
- Add a variety of ways customers can locate information, such as a toll-free telephone number, email, or online-form
Taking the time to apply each of these steps will increase your conversions and provide an opportunity to benefit from a successful business.